Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Blogging Through the Alphabet: Letter T Is for Trials


Welcome back to another week of Blogging Through the Alphabet. This week, we are focusing on the Letter T. I have chosen to write about Trials.


As Christians, we know that we will face Trials that will move us out of our comfort zones and help us to grow. Through these refining Trials and tests, God works in us and through us. He helps us persevere through the most difficult circumstances and His glory shines brightly.


Testing us by fiery Trials allows God to examine our hearts, minds, and souls. It also gives us a good idea of our strengths and weaknesses. We can embrace these Trials with God's grace and let His glory shine through us or we can simply be miserable.


Personally, I choose to let God's strength flow through me as I deal with chronic pain and illness, an angry and confused father who suffers from a diagnosis of Vascular Dementia, and a teenaged son with a diagnosis of Autism.


When people look at me, I don't want them to see a person bedraggled by her Trials and circumstances. Instead, I want them to see an overcomer who can persevere because God lives in her and works through her. When I am weak, He is strong. When my Trials are the most difficult, He is fighting my battles for me and offering me refuge in His loving arms.


In the Eye of the Storm by Ryan Stevenson


Move (Keep Walkin') by TobyMac


Stronger by Mandisa

Please take a moment to stop by my friends A Net in Time and Hopkins Homeschool, who host Blogging Through the Alphabet. You may also want to stop by some of the other blogs linked up to see what Letter T words they have explored.



No comments: