Saturday, December 17, 2011

Where does Jesus live?

I have been sitting here in the relative silence of the early morning, as I take a breathing treatment, and have sat in awe at Jesus' feet: reading scripture, praying and listening as He speaks to my heart. I have seen people running about, rushing so fast in the bustle of the holiday season they are driving recklessly and being rude to one another. Houses decorated to the hilt with the manger hidden in the back corner. Is that where Jesus lives in your heart this year? In the back corner, as you rush about preparing. After all, it is HIS birthday, we are celebrating, so shouldn't we be focused on him? I am trying to teach Andrew the true meaning of Christmas. On Christmas Eve, he will help me read the Bible story of Jesus' birth and sing hymns on the dementia unit in the nursing home where mom works and I used to work, in fact that was the main unit I worked on, while Dad does the main service for the nursing home residents. Then, on Christmas morning, we are going to help dad with the service at the homeless shelter and share a Christmas meal. My desire is for Andrew to see that it is not just a day to receive but to give back to the one who's very birth we are celebrating. Is there a special way you plan to give back a gift to Jesus this season? I'd love to hear about it! Have a blessed day everyone! Colossians 2: 6&7 "So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness."

No comments: