Monday, February 4, 2013

Living Faith: A Treasured Moments Devotional



One of the very first questions my sweet son asks everyone he meets is “Are you a Christian?” At 11 years old, he has such a passion for God that he longs for everyone else to experience His love as well. My son has decided what is most important to him. He doesn’t worry about rejection or social norms. He simply lives his faith out loud. I find myself wondering What would happen if we ALL had the courage to live our faith out loud, If we allowed our passion for God to shine through us in ALL that we say and do?

 
“Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. Do everything in love.” 1 Corinthians 16:13-14


What do people see when they look at you? Do you project God’s grace and love? Do your words and actions match the faith you proclaim? I know what I want people to see when they look at me. I want them to see a person humbly broken and forgiven and relying completely on my Savior to be my everything. I want my words to be encouraging and healing. I want my actions to be kind and loving. I want people to see God’s goodness and grace shining through me when they look at me. I want to live my life as a living testimony of thanks to the one who gave His everything for me. I want to decide that loving God, being His beloved child, and sharing His hope are the most important things to me. I want to live my faith out loud. Will you live your faith out loud?


“I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!” Galatians 2:20-21

Father God, Thank you for being our everything! Help us to live a life that is pleasing to you. Help us to exemplify Your love, Your goodness, Your grace, and Your mercy in ALL that we say and all that we do. In the name of Your precious son, Jesus, Amen!

No comments: