Monday, January 28, 2013

Do Not Be Anxious: A Treasured Moment Devotional


Jesus could walk on water but this chick-a-dee cannot walk on ice, which is currently covering every walking surface here in our area. :( Yuck! Had to reschedule my Dr. appointment for later in the week. Satan would like nothing more than to steal my peace and replace it with anxiety. Yet, that isn't what God desires for me. He wants me to turn to Him in prayer, to trust in Him, and to bask in His joy and peace. 


Philippians 4:6-7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." 



In the days ahead, I will rest in the comfort He provides. When Satan tries to attack, I will immerse myself in His word, spend time talking to God in prayer, ask my trusted, faithful friends to be praying, feed my soul with uplifting Christian music, lose myself in a good Christian book, and engage in a tickle fight with my son as laughter is great medicine. God didn't promise that life would be easy but He did promise to always be beside us. Be blessed, dear ones!

No comments: