Monday, February 1, 2016

Sometimes, Life Simply Stinks!

The reality of life is simple: some days just stink.

Being a follower of Christ doesn't exempt me from the hard things. We all face trials during our life's journey. These trials can either break us down or refine us.

This week, I started a new journey due to my health. I now have a new lifetime change that requires monthly infusions. Truthfully, it isn't something I was excited to embrace. However, experience has taught me that I can choose to let life run me over and drag me through the mud and muck or I can choose to rest in God's promises and allow His peace to carry me through the stinky days in life. God, in His loving faithfulness, not only continues to refine and strengthen me through these trials but He also wraps me in His blessings. Today's blessing, which was the first day of my IV infusions, was a nurse who is a sister in Christ. What an amazing blessing! I was able to share how we had prayed for her prior to her arrival. We talked about Christian books, listened to Christian music, and simply enjoyed a time of fellowship. God knew my need. He provided!

Sometimes, it is difficult to see the blessings when you are immersed neck deep in the stink of life. Other times, we feel alone in a desert thirsting for water and wondering why He sent more sand instead. Yet, this is the moment when we must make a choice to trust in our Father God and in His love for us. This is when our faith gets real and our lives get messy but blessed. Be blessed, dear ones. Our Father loves you! Our God is mighty and true!

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33 (NIV)


"In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls." 1 Peter 1:6-9 (NIV)

More Thank Conquerors by Rend Collective Dedicated to Kristen- You are a blessing! God is working in and through you to show His love when people need it most. Keep letting His light shine brightly through you, sweet sister!

Me on 1st Infusion Day #LifeIsAFaithJourney

No comments: