Saturday, July 6, 2013

Sustaining Love - A Treasured Moments Devotional

These past few nights as I have struggled to find a comfortable position to decrease the pain and increase my ability to breathe while I attempt to sleep, God has wrapped me in His loving arms and whispered His words of love over and over again to my heart through the numerous scripture verses, hymns, and praise songs I have hidden there as treasures.



“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” - Matthew 11:28-30



If you are going though a difficult time or are doubting your worth, dear one, I want you to know that there is One who loves you and cherishes you far more than you could ever fathom or dare to believe. To Him you are priceless. You are a treasure worth fighting for, worth pursuing, worth sacrificing His son for. He gave His son in order to save each of us from our own foolishness, selfishness, and sinful natures. He is your Heavenly Father Your Lord Jehovah, the King of Kings. His name is God. He chose to love you. He pursues you daily, waiting patiently for you to accept your birthright and all of the love and blessings that come with it. His love is like none other. It is healing and not hurtful. It is selfless and giving and not self-seeking.


"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him." - John 3:16-17



His love sustains me here on Earth through the temporary pain until the day when I will be home with my Savior and completely free. Until that day, I am free in spirit. My heart is filled with love, joy, hope, and peace that can ONLY come from a personal, intimate, loving relationship with my Father in Heaven. Allow yourself to see your worth through the eyes of the one who created you. Then, allow His love to transform you and be prepared to stand amazed. Life will still be difficult at times but oh how much sweeter the ride will be knowing that you are walking hand in hand with your Heavenly Daddy and that you are never alone because He will always be beside you to offer love, peace, joy and hope!

  
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” - John 16:33

"In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God." - 1 John 5:3-5


No comments: