Wednesday, November 21, 2012

My Father, My Comforter: A Treasured Moments Devotional


A Treasured Moments Devotional © from God's Writer Girl © ~ May you find God's love, hope, peace, and encouragement in each of these treasured moments I share.


It has been a rough pain week as the pericarditis and pleurisy have begun to reappear causing me chest pain, tingling in my arms and face, shortness of breath, and fatigue. My joints are also protesting the cold weather that has moved in. God, as always, has been faithful! He gives me His strength. He fills my heart with His joy. His calming peace floods my soul. I praise Him in my suffering for I know that I used to have a tendency to run ahead of Him, on my own power, and not wait upon Him nor rely on His power. I wasn't often very still either, which didn't allow me much time to bask in His presence and feel His Holy Spirit whisper over me. I also rejoice in my sufferings because His power and His glory are able to shine through me when I am at my weakest. His light and His love are able to come emanating through and His testimony is there for all to see. When I put my pain into perspective and view God as my Comforter, I am able to persevere with dignity and grace.


Thank you, Father, for helping me to slow down. Thank you for providing comfort amidst the suffering. Thank you for Your unconditional love, Your unbreakable strength, Your unending joy, Your never failing peace, and Your unceasing faithfulness. All glory, honor, and praise be to You, precious Savior for You have saved me from a life of sin and made me Your child. To You, I am a priceless treasure. I cherish the fact that You will always be here to walk through life with me and be my comforter.


 "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ. If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort." 2 Corinthians 1:3-7  Be blessed to be a blessing, dear ones!


No comments: