Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Let Your Light Shine: A Treasured Moments Devotional

A Treasured Moments Devotional © from God's Writer Girl © ~ May you find God's love, hope, peace, and encouragement in each of these treasured moments I share.


"In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:16 (NIV)


Perhaps you find yourself asking, "How do I let my light shine? How will people be able to see Jesus in me? I am not like Billy Graham. I can't stand in front of people and preach God's word. I'm not Steven Curtis Chapman. I can't even carry a tune let alone sing in front of people." 

Precious one, God doesn't expect you to be anyone other than the unique and wonderful person He created you to be. He made each one of us special.  

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:14 (NIV) 


I am the mother of a pre-adolescent boy who has ADHD and several learning disabilities. Though he is young, his love of God shines brightly simply through him being his own unique self, which includes acting silly in order to make people laugh and giving out hugs. Despite his ADHD, I have found that my son has a calm patience with younger children. This prompted me to seek a ministry we could do together that involves us helping with the toddlers at our church through the MOPs (Mothers of Preschoolers) Program. 

Whether young or old, God can use each one of us. His love can be reflected through our words and our actions. We just have to be willing vessels. 


"[God's] Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." 1 Corinthians 13:4-8


Let God's love shine brightly through you that others may come to see Him and know of His love for them through you!


No comments: