Saturday, May 6, 2017

Blogging Through the Alphabet - Letter P is for Perseverance



Thank you for joining me for another week of Blogging Through the Alphabet. This week we are taking a look at the Letter P, which is for Perseverance. This post is dedicated to my sweet boy who earned the award for Perseverance in Christian School years ago when he was in second grade. He continues to teach me the meaning of Perseverance. My son has a diagnosis of Autism. Navigating life and the big, chaotic world on which we live can be difficult for him. Yet, he keeps moving forward, keeps learning, keeps growing, keeps adapting.



Life with chronic illness and chronic pain due to diagnoses of several Autoimmune and Neuromuscular Diseases can be difficult. On my worst days, just breathing can hurt. Yet, I have a son with Special Needs who depends upon me. I can't stay in bed all day nor do I have time to spend whining about my circumstances. I must persevere.


The good news: I am never alone. When I am in the deepest pit, God is with me. When I am struggling to keep going, God is carrying me. When the battle is waging all around me, God is fighting for me. (Exodus 14:14) When I am at my weakest, God is my strength for His grace is more than sufficient. (2 Corinthians 12:9) He's with you as well. All you need to do is call out to Him.


When life gets difficult, messy, uncomfortable, this is when we must choose to persevere, to dig down deep and be determined. For it is in these difficult, messy, uncomfortable times that God is refining us, teaching us, working in us and through us, and allowing His glory to shine brightly through us.


When we allow God into our messy, difficult lives, we catch a glimpse of His beautiful countenance and His all-encompassing, undeniable grace, mercy, and peace. As we persevere through the difficult times, He is with us and for us. When the storm calms, we can look back and see His hand and ahead at the beauty he brings from the ashes. Continue to run the race with God as your anchor, dear one.


Please take a moment to stop by my friends A Net in Time and Hopkins Homeschool: the host blogs for Blogging Through the Alphabet as well as some of the other posts who link-up to see what Letter P words they have shared this week.




No comments: