Saturday, March 28, 2009

Giving of Ourselves (Romans 12:1-7)

A very sweet young friend of mine recently commented that she thought volunteering was a great way to give of herself. She got me thinking and here are my thoughts on the subject. I concur; volunteering is a GREAT way to give of yourself. I like the thoughts of random acts of kindness and paying a favor forward. The greatest gift we all have received (if we are believers) is that Christ died for us. How can we just sit idly by when he gave such an amazing sacrifice (his own life for our sins)? He isn't asking us to die for Him. He is asking us, though, to be open to His leading and to be willing vessels. The world is filled with lost and hurting souls. It is the least we can do to reach out in God's love to comfort and encourage others! I started praying a long time ago on a daily basis that God would place at least one person in my path on a daily basis with whom I can share His love. When we make ourselves a willing vessel He will use us in a mighty way to reach others. So ask and be prepared to see God work! No worries, He equips those He calls and I know He will guide you! So, get out there and be His light in the darkness...okay, I'm getting off of my soap box now. Blessings! K

Here’s what the Bible has to say:
Romans 12
Living Sacrifices
1Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual[a] act of worship. 2Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. 3For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you. 4Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. 6We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his[b]faith. 7If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; 8if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully.

1 comment:

maria gloria said...

Thanks for the contest, please enter me.