Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Words of Hope: July Edition


Throughout my life, I thought that if I could just please others then I, too, would be happy and content. I would wear different masks depending upon who I was around. To be honest, it became overwhelming trying to decide what mask I was suppose to be wearing. Each person in my life had different expectations for me. I didn't know who I truly was because I was too busy trying to be the person everyone else expected of me.


My earthly father has always had high expectations of me. Honestly, I have never felt like I measured up in his eyes. Sadly, for many years, I thought my heavenly Father had the same unreachable expectations for me. It wasn't until I finally recognized that my Abba Father's love had no bounds, no end, no conditions that I finally started living my life. When I saw myself as His beloved daughter, worthy not because of who I am or what I've done or not done but because of whose I am, I was finally free and able to be content because I was no longer trying to please anyone nor trying to buy anyone's love for me.

Don't get me wrong. I still live my life in a way that pleases God. However, knowing His love is unconditional frees me from worrying about every move I make. Being free allows me to place my focus where it belongs: on sharing God's love with others. Being confident in God's love for me allows me to be the person God has always intended. Not worrying about making mistakes that might separate me from God's love frees me. It enables me to see His immense love for me. It permits me to no longer focus upon myself but instead focus upon others. It frees me to focus my efforts on helping others see God's immense love for them.


My hope for each one of you, dear ones, is that you will be able to know God's immense love for you. It is deep and wide, without conditions, without end. It will be your comfort on the hard days, your anchor in the chaos, your light in the darkness, your strength when you are weak, and your hope when you feel hopeless.

Prayer: Abba Father, help me be able to see myself through Your eyes. Help me to know my true worth as Your beloved child. Help me to know that Your love is always more than enough. God please help me to find contentment. I long to show others Your love. Help me to be a light in the darkness and show others the hope that is only found in You. In Jesus' Name, Amen!

This post is part of my Words of Hope monthly blog hop. If you have an uplifting, encouraging post you'd like to share, please feel free to link it below.


   

   

No comments: