Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Press On


This morning, God reminded me of one of my favorite verses. And, it was perfect for what I've been feeling this past week. Life has been downright difficult and messy. At times, I have felt like I've been living in a blender on high speed. My father's dementia is getting worse. My son, who has a diagnosis of high-functioning Autism, has been struggling to deal with the frustration and changes that have been occurring due to my father's dementia. I have been ill yet again. I was feeling overwhelmed by life and like I had nothing left to give.

Even when life gets difficult, God is always there. He is faithful and fights my battles for me. In Him, I find hope and strength. If you are feeling overwhelmed, battered, bruised, frustrated, exhausted, hurt, or broken, find rest in Him. He will be your refuge, dear ones. He will hide you in His loving arms and supply your every need. He will give you the rest you so desperately need and the peace that will sustain you through the messy and downright difficult times in life. He will guide you with His wisdom and discernment. He will give you hope and a purpose. He will give you His strength to persevere.

Building 429 with We Won't Be Shaken

"Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him. Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him. Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken." (Psalm 62:1-2 & 5-6 NIV)

Mandisa with Press On (I love this song!)

Building 429 with Wrecking Ball (Press On) featuring Blanca Callahan

Prayer: Abba Father, Life is downright difficult and messy. You are my Rock! You are my hope! Please grant me Your wisdom and discernment in dealing with the trials I am facing. Be my resting place and renew me. Help me to press on and stay strong in You. Be my strength so that I can persevere. Thank you, Abba, for all you are doing in me and through me. My trust is in You alone! In Jesus' name, Amen!

No comments: