Thursday, March 16, 2017

Blogging Through the Alphabet - Letter I - Inheritance



Blogging Through the Alphabet- Letter I

I apologize for being behind a few weeks. I owe you, my loyal readers and friends, a post for the letters g and h. They will be coming at a later date in my Words of Hope  as the research was completed but life circumstances and health issues just didn't allow me the time to finish writing them. To keep up with my fellow bloggers who are also blogging through the alphabet, I am following their weekly schedule. Therefore, this week's letter is I and we'll be taking a look at the word Inherit (verb form) and Inheritance (noun form).

Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines inherit as 1.) to come into possession of or receive especially as a right or divine portion 2.) to receive from an ancestor as a right or a title upon their death 3.) to receive as a legacy 4.) to receive from a parent by genetics.




For Christians, the word inherit has a very special meaning. When we ask God to forgive us of our sins and choose to believe that God sent His One and Only Son to die for our sins, we become His heirs. As God's heirs, there will be a day when we will inherit eternal life spent in Heaven with our Abba Father. Until that day, we still inherit God's unconditional love and His redemption not because of anything we've done nor because we deserve it but simply because of who God is and His deep, intimate love for us.




Titus 3:5-7 explains it well: "He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life."


If you don't have the assurance of your inheritance through Christ as your personal Savior, you can. All you need to do is pray. Prayer is simply opening your heart to your Abba Father. Talk to God, whether out loud or in the quiet of our heart and mind, He will hear you. Tell Him that you are sorry for your sins, for any wrongs you might have done, for any people you may have hurt. Ask Him to forgive you. Tell Him that you want Him in your life and ask Him to show you how to live for Him. Then, look for a group of believers to fellowship with on Saturday nights, Sundays, or Wednesday evenings. Local newspapers typically have a list of churches and service times. Spend time getting to know God by reading His word, the Bible. I always encourage new believers to read the New Testament first. It is less confusing to newcomers.

If you are someone who prefers a prewritten prayer, I am including the believer's prayer for you to pray.

Dear God, I want to know you personally. Thank you for sending your son to die on a cross for me. I open my heart and my soul to you and ask that you come and be my Savior and my Lord. I give you control of my life. Guide me according to your paths. Grant me your wisdom and discernment, God. Thank you for forgiving me my sins and for giving me eternal life. In Your Son's Precious Name, Amen




Please take a moment to stop by my fellow bloggers websites to learn more about the Letter I. Blogging Through the Alphabet is kindly hosted by my friends at A Net in Time and Hopkins Homeschool. Thank you!






No comments: