Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Inspiring Poems to Encourage You: Introducing Poet Raphael Stillings


© God's Writer Girl: God has taken me on an interesting journey throughout my life. One of the best parts of that journey has been the amazing and inspiring people He has allowed to cross my path. Today's guest, Raphael Stillings, is one of those special people. Raphael and I met my junior year at Florence Township Memorial High School in Florence, NJ. Raphael, the star quarterback of our football team always impressed me because he had depth and integrity. Recently, Raphael self-published his first book, All at Once...Be Ye Connected, which is a compilation of his inspirational poetry. It is my honor and delight to introduce you to my dear friend and brother in Christ: Raphael Stillings.


Who is Raphael Stillings? Raphael is a humble man of GOD who has finally learned the importance and virtue of accepting what the LORD allows while trusting the process along the way.  It has been a long time coming, so glad to be in HIS will and out of my own way.  Glory be to GOD for using a sinner like me!!!  

God's Writer Girl: Amen! What a joy it is to be within God's will and sharing His love with others!

What do you enjoy doing in your free time?  In my free time, I enjoy giving GOD the glory, listening for His voice to further my days with benefits, and other simple, every day things that put a smile on my face.  Reading, writing, exercising, traveling, family, friends, but really find myself alone now a days. 


Where do you draw inspiration from for your poems?  I draw my inspiration from the word of GOD and real life experiences.


Of all the poems you’ve crafted, which one do you identify with the most and why?
I identify with all of them.  I feel that GOD used me to do HIS will; as a result, each one has its own meaning with no respect of position.


What are the major themes of your poems? The major themes of my poems are to inspire, motivate, support, encourage, move, convince, and maybe convict you into being the best person that you can possibly be for your GOD and yourself.  I want people to think, think, and think!!!


What is your newest release?  My newest release is All at Once … Be Ye Connected.  The book is a compilation of inspirational/spiritual poems, short stories, and positive affirmations.  All at Once pertains to all of the choices and decisions that we all have to make every day and all day from: family, finances, friends, work, health, etc.  Be Ye Connected pertains to knowing your source of strength and enlightenment while realizing the connections that will help you make the correct choices and decisions to allow you to be the best you possible.   www.rmsexpressions.com

What are your favorite books to read and why? My favorite books are Purpose Driven Life, Free at Last, The Quotable Teacher and they all have added to my life and inspired me in some way.  I enjoy and appreciate all authors who inspire people through the spirit of who they are and what they do.


How did you get involved in writing? Writing is something that I have always enjoyed and loved to do.  From the dates on some pieces, I have been writing for a long time…smile.  This should actually be my second book…disobedience.  I actually shelved myself because of doubt, fear, worry, and concern.


God's Writer Girl: Yes, I remember you having a gift for writing when we were in high school together...Mrs. Keyes' English class...smiles.


What do you enjoy most and least about the writing process? The writing process, to me, is very liberating and it allows you to go places spiritually that you physically cannot get to.  On the other hand, what I don’t like about it, is not having the ability to do it more often because of life’s demands.

What advice would you offer an aspiring author or poet? I would advise any aspiring author or poet to follow your own hearts.  Don’t look to the left or right, just focus.  But, most importantly, don’t look for validation from man!


What are you currently writing? I am currently working on my next book Troubled by the Waters.  So excited!!!


What has God been teaching you lately?  God has been teaching me to remain low and watch HIM work.  Patience has always been a struggle for me, so of course HE is testing me in that area majorly with this project….lol.


Where can readers learn more about you and your book? Readers can go to www.rmsexpressions.com to learn more about me and the book.


Where can readers purchase your book? Readers can also purchase the book on the website as well as send a check or money order to the address that is also on the website.  Because I am self publishing at this time, you can make all checks and money orders payable to Raphael Stillings.  Thanks in advance for your support, God bless you, and be encouraged always!!!


God's Writer Girl: Thank you, Raphael, for allowing us to get to know you better and for sharing your encouraging spirit. Tomorrow, I will review Raphael's compilation of poems, All at Once...Be Ye Connected, and sharing one of his poems with you.

No comments: