Friday, March 11, 2016

Because Sometimes Life Seems Unbearable

Let's face it. There are times when life simply seems unbearable. We wonder, "Where are you, God? Are You listening?" Trials seem to be piling one upon another and we feel certain we will break under the weight of them. We feel alone. We may even attend church but feel like the people there don't truly see us. They may say hi and make small talk but that's where it ends. They don't walk in the trenches with us. We feel alone, abandoned, isolated. We don't know how to reach out for help or we're afraid to because we've been disappointed too many times in the past. We may be reaching out for help but no one is heeding the call. We can become very discouraged, disheartened, depressed. Any of this sound familiar? Well dear one, you are not alone.

In fact, King David often wrote about his feelings of loneliness, abandonment, isolation, depression, disenchantment, and heartache in the Psalms. In Psalm 13:1-2, he cries out, "How long, Lord? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me? How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and day after day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me?"

What I like about David is that he was always transparent with God. He poured his whole heart out to his Father: the good and the bad, the praise and the doubts. He took everything to God.

Even when expressing his doubts and fears, David ends the Psalm with trust in and praise to God. Psalm 13:5-6 states, "But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing the Lord's praise for He has been good to me."


I know how difficult it can be to praise God when the weight of your trials feels as though it is crushing you, dear one. Yet, in pouring my heart out to God, in giving Him all of the good and the bad, in praising Him in the midst of affliction, I have felt my heart set free from the burden I was trying, and failing miserably, to carry on my own. When we embrace God, trust in His immense love for us, and allow Him to be our strength, we can overcome our trials and any obstacle because it is His power working in us and through us. We will still have trials in this world but we have hope because He with us. It is this hope that fills us with His wondrous peace.

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

You are never alone. God is with you always. His love for you is deep and his thoughts for you are vast. When you feel alone, take comfort in knowing that He is thinking about you, dear one!

You Carry Me by Moriah Peters


The words of this song are a great reminder of God's love: Feels like it's been miles and miles Feels like it's an uphill climb Sometimes I get weary on the way But when I look at where I've been When I look back, I'm sure of it I was right there in your arms and can say

Every moment of my life God, you never left my side Every valley, every storm You were there, You were there - You Carry Me by Moriah Peters

Brave by Moriah Peters





















No comments: