Thursday, August 13, 2015

For Such a Time as This, I Don't Have to be Strong

God knows and prepared me, in advance, to do His good works, to show His love, to offer His praises in the midst of this storm. I don't always feel well equipped to handle these new challenges. There are days when I wonder if we will ever "know" the answers for which the doctors are so diligently seeking. Then, I realize, it doesn't matter if we ever find the answers. What matters is that God knows what I am facing. He is walking this journey with me. And, He has prepared me for such a time as this.

God knew there would be days when I would be frustrated, overwhelmed, unable to endure. Yet, it is on these days when His love speaks to me. It reminds me that His love for me provides the strength I need to keep persevering because when I am at my weakest, He is at His strongest. I don't have to be strong. I merely have to trust in Him and in His love for me. It is also on these difficult days that His love for me wraps around me and clothes me in His indescribable peace. When I say, "Lord, I can't go on," He whispers. "I will carry you until you can continue on this journey. Rest in me. Trust in my love for you." He is my refuge when life gets too difficult. On these days, I envision sitting at His feet, in total awe of His presence, soaking in the amazing love and incredible peace He exudes over me.

Yes, even as much as I am a train wreck physically, God reminds me that I am His handiwork: wonderfully made. He also reminds me that He has prepared me for such a time as this and will be with me always. Do you know that God has also prepared you for such a time as this? He will be with you each step of your journey. No matter what you might be facing: divorce, depression, financial difficulties, health issues, heartache, or loss God will be your strength and your refuge. When life is too difficult to endure, find rest in His love for you. Still not certain you can persevere? Look at the Bible and see how He used ordinary people with messy lives to shine His love and truth. Look at how He continually takes something bad and turns it into something good. He is doing that through each one of us. We may not be able to see His hand at work at this exact moment in time but if we continue to trust in His heart which is filled to overflowing with love for us, then we will one day be restored.

With God as my guide, I will not be shaken! He will be my strength through which all things are possible! May all glory, honor, and praise be God's for He alone is worthy!

"For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." - Ephesians 2:10

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:14

"For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?” Esther 4:14

'Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him.  Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.  My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge." Psalm 62:5-8

br />

Strong Enough, by Matthew West, clearly reiterates how it is His strength that gets me through the difficult days.


"Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

"I can do all this through him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
 



My Hope Is In You by Aaron Shust






10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord) by Matt Redman

No comments: