Monday, January 28, 2013

A Treasured Moment Devotional: Rest for the Weary


Despite my nap earlier today, I am physically exhausted. Sometimes, the burdens we face in life, whether job stress, financial problems, relationship difficulties, addictions, health issues, or some other hardship, can leave us feeling spiritually, emotionally, and physically exhausted. The good news is that God offers to carry our burdens for us and to give us rest.


Matthew 11:28 states, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." 


Whatever you are facing, dear one, you are not alone for God is with you always. Dare to hope! 

 
Psalm 62:5 says, "Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him." 



Romans 15:13 is my prayer for each one of you, precious friends: "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." In Jesus' name, Amen! Sweet dreams, dear ones!

No comments: