Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Hope through the Eyes of a Child: A Treasure Moments Devotional




The first installment in my new Treasured Moments Devotional Series. May you find God's love, hope, peace, and encouragement waiting for you in each of these treasured moments I share.



I want to introduce you to my step-daughter, Crystal, who is the wife of a minister and the mother of six children ages 1 through 9 and my precious granddaughter, Karagen, who is her eldest daughter. Karagen is valiantly fighting cancer with dignity and grace at age 9 and through her suffering is teaching us all some very valuable lessons about faith. Crystal recently shared a perfect example of Karagen's faith on her Facebook wall. I want to share them with you in the hope that they will inspire you and help your faith to grow deeper as well. "Maybe everyone has already figured this out, but Karagen NEVER complains. She inspires me! And every night she STILL prays for her loved ones. I don't know why God has allowed her to have cancer, but He has a bigger plan and His little girl has suffered so patiently. God uses broken things (people) and God uses suffering....only He can bring good out of something bad!" Dear one, know that you are also God's precious child! Believe that He loves you immensely! Trust that He will bring something good out of whatever trials you have been facing! The Bible is filled with stories of the imperfect people God utilized to bring about His will. He can use each one of us as well, just as we are, if we are willing to allow Him to be our guide along life's journey.


"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:16-17 (NIV)



If you have a prayer need, I'd be honored to pray for you. Please feel free to send me an email.


No comments: