Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Self-pity or Peace and Joy

The rash is back on my face now that the prednisone treatment is completed. My low grade fevers are back as well. My pain levels have been more intense lately. I could wallow in self-pity. Yet, God has given me such amazing peace and abundant joy. I could allow life to pass me by and miss out on precious moments with my son. Instead, I am choosing to look at all of the blessings in my life each day rather than focusing on all of the problems in my life. When I lay my burdens at God's feet, I am freed to enjoy cherished times with my son and my heart soars. Your heart can soar as well. You can experience God's amazing peace and abundant joy, too! Ask Him to carry your burdens and then leave them there. Focus on the simple everyday blessings He is already bestowing upon you. See if changing your perspective doesn't change your life for the better.

"The Lord himself will fight for you; you need only to be still [just stay calm]." - Exodus 14:14

No comments: